The Wheel of Coping Skills is a Do-It-Yourself Physical Therapy tool for physical therapy patients to know what to do to cope with their emotions. This is a sensory integration activity. To make this:
1. Gather two paper plates, a pin, and as many colored pencils and markers as you want to use.
2. Artist writes a couple actions to do in times of stress like Take 3 Deep Breaths, Deep Breathing, etc.
3. Cut a slit in one of the paper plates, as pictured.
4. Decorate the paper plate with a slit in it.
5. Attach the plates by punching a hole in the center of them with the pin (with the one with the slit in it on top).
6. When stressed, spin and follow the action written.