The ECTkeyboard is a virtual keyboard that allows individuals with upper extremity disabilities, quadriplegia, or severe physical disabilities select letters, numbers or commands on a computer by pressing a button or a pedal. This application can also be used in conjunction with eye-tracking devices, allowing users to select a symbol from a matrix by changing their sight direction. The application is fully customizable with more than 140 adjustable parameters. For example, the user can change the colors and fonts of the interface, all form positions, the speed of selection and de-selection of symbols, the size and position of the progress bar, and many others.
• Includes a frequently used word vocabulary for faster typing, and gives the user the option to add new words to the vocabulary (e.g., names, locations, etc.).
• Has ten different data input modes (e.g., an external eye-tracking device).
• Offers PROspecial graphical icons with letters or numbers (or instead of them) for users who do not speak localization languages or are unable to read.
• Provides the option to set a high contrast color scheme and sound confirmation of all highlighted letters or symbols, making the application accessible to individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
• Allows users to transfer any typed text to any third party application (i.e., text editor, internet browser, chat window, etc.).
• Can run from any external storage device due to its portability.
• Offers an unlimited amount of user profiles, making it suitable for use in various medical and rehabilitation centers.