The MemRabel™ Clock is a audio memory aid designed to assist people with dementia, learning disabilities, cognitive disorders and people requiring memory prompts at various times of the day. Reminders for medication, appointments with Doctors or day centers, and even reminders to eat can be set by a family member or caregiver. Once the alarms are set in place, the MemRabel™ Clock will play the personally recorded voice memos at the selected alarm times to remind the user of things he or she needs to do. Uses 4 x AA batteries (not included).
Features of the MemRabel™ Clock:
• Displays the time in large digits, as well as the Day of the week and the date.
• Displays a picture of the Sun during daylight hours (6 am - 6 pm) and a picture of the Moon during night time hours (6 pm - 6 am). This is to help those who have difficulty differentiating between daytime and night time hours.
• High contrast background with amber back light.
Instant Message Recorder/Player-
• Press the record button and record a message of up to 12 Seconds. Play it back by pressing play.
• Can be used to leave a message for playback anytime, or for recording doctor appointment times or messages while on the phone.
Timed Message Playback-
• Record up to 4 12 second daily or weekly voice memo’s.
• Each memo has its own alarm time setting that can be programmed for playback at specific times of the day or at the same time, same day every week.
• Visual on-screen icons can be assigned to voice memos to help with recognition.
• The memo playback repeat time can be selected for 3, 6 or 9 minutes.
• Can be programmed to deliver either a recorded voice playback or a digital alarm clock sound.
• Alarm duration can be selected from 3, 6, or 9 minutes with the option to generate an off-site alarm if the user does not acknowledge the wake up alarm.
Sensor Operated Voice Message Playback-
• Has a socket that allows connection of various sensors, including floor pressure mats, door alarm switches, bed occupancy sensors and more (sensors not included).
• Can be programmed to provide spoken warnings or information when a sensor is triggered. For example, a door alarm switch can be used to remind a person to lock the door and/or to take their keys with them when leaving the house.
• Has alarm outputs that can be used with accessory products such as a telephone auto dialer or a radio pager (not included). These products can be used to warn caregivers of potential problems, such as wandering, illness or falls in the home. For example, if the MemRabel™ is connected to a telephone auto dialer, the caregiver would be notified if the resident or loved one failed to press an alarm stop button before the end of the selected alarm duration.
• Has a programmable timer that allows active times to be set for the sensor input.
UNIT DIMENSIONS: WIDTH: 155 mm (6.10”). HEIGHT: 125 mm (4.92”). DEPTH: 35 mm (1.38”).
DISPLAY DIMENSIONS: WIDTH: 100 mm (3.94”). HEIGHT: 95 mm (3.74”).
TIME DIGITS: 30 mm (1.18”).
VOLUME: High (95dB), Medium (85dB), Low (75dB)