- Separate the toys by color.
- Take the vase and measure out how much water it takes to fill up and divide by 6 (or the number of colors being used).
- Add 1/6th of the water to the vase and place in the first color toys.
- Place the vase with 1/6th of the water in the freezer for a few hours until frozen.
- Add the next color and more water on top of the frozen layer.
- Repeat for each color.
To remove the ice tower from the vase run warm water over the vase and slide out the tower careful not to let it drop because it might shatter. If the vase is not heat tempered glass use cool or cold water or the vase will crack.
Directions for playing: Use eyedroppers, salt, paint brushes, squeeze bottles filled with water, and salt to excavate the toys inside. Other objects or toys could be placed in the ice depending on the child's interests. Including small zoo animals, planes, trains, cars, and dinosaurs.